Although the magic wand is a primary symbol of magic, many magicians today disregard it as an affectation, anachronism, or empty contrivance. And so, they lose sight of its power and promise as an instrument of magic.
In this groundbreaking book, Judge Gary Brown reawakens us to the potential of magic’s most ancient tool. Growing out of his own dawning realization and impassioned play, Wandcraft includes:
– Six fully-scripted routines that integrate a magic wand into their performance.
– Complete instructions on how to build five types of relatively simple, yet attractive wands.
– Practical theory about the history and functions of a magic wand to help this powerful tool come alive in your heart and hands.
“Wandcraft is essential reading for any magician. It is a practical guide to making your own magic wand that also re-empowers this ancient magical tool for modern times.”
– Jeff McBride (Grandmaster of Magic)
“The wand is an essential tool for magicians, and this book is an essential companion that teaches how, and why, to add this symbol of might to your own magic.”
– Steve Cohen (Chamber Magic)
“Wandcraft covers everything a magician needs to know about using a magic wand. Aside from clarifying ten various uses, Judge Brown offers tips to help you make your own wand. And, yes, a few of his favorite tricks are included. I am happy to include this in my library.”
– George Schindler (Dean of the Society of American Magicians)
“Of all the books on making and using magic wands I’ve read, this is the only one.”
– Harrison Greenbaum (America’s Got Talent, The Illusionists: Direct from Broadway, owes Gary a favor)